We have moved to our new school
Telephone 024 7659 4954
At Tiverton School, it is our intention to develop a rich, diverse and dynamic curriculum that will inspire and challenge all learners and prepare them for the future. We believe that all children are entitled to a dynamic curriculum which provides excitement, relevance and stimulation for learning.
- Create a centre of excellence for our staff and pupils.
- Provide a personalised, creative and flexible curriculum which is well-resourced and meets the individual needs of every pupil
- Develop a personalised curriculum which provides a vehicle through which pupils can develop key skills; parents, pupils and the multidisciplinary team will be active partners in the process of ascertaining "door openers" for pupils
- Observe our pupils' responses to inform curriculum development and learning opportunities inside the classroom and beyond
- Individual pupil interests and needs - themes are chosen to inspire, engage and motivate pupils; pupils are involved maximally in selecting the curricular themes where possible
- Local community, national and global significant issues and events
- For Key stages 1 and 2 Maths, English, RE, PE and PSHE (SEAL) are taught as discrete subjects. In addition, elements of these subjects are taught in a cross-curricular way through the thematic approach
- Some curriculum subjects are not included within a theme and no attempt is made to make tenuous links which are not meaningful
- There may be some repetition of foci and themes, but this is a planned repetition rather than an automatic part of a pre- planned cycle